This page gives access to the selectable options.
- Show CAP grids - will draw CAP grid identifiers
and numbers on the currently selected
chart. Only valid
for the continental US, does not do Alaska or Hawaii.
- Show obstacle/terrain collision - will highlight
potential obstacle/terrain collisions based on current
position, speed and heading. Will highlight locations
within 10 sec to 2 mins at current speed and within 30°
of current heading. The highlights will be depicted as
blinking red dots in the area of the collision hazard.
Requires that the topography
and obstructions databases be downloaded and current.
- Show FAA waypoints - will draw a dot and the
name of all known FAA waypoints on the currently
Usually very crowded with fix names.
- Show User waypoints - will draw a dot and the
name of all user waypoints on the currently
- Type B Compliant - dumbs WairToNow down to be
Type B compliant. Basically disables any geo-referencing
except on airport/runway diagrams. Disables the Crumbs,
Glass, Route Track, VirtNav buttons, as well as IAP DME function.
- Power Lock - keeps the screen powered up when
the chart or
glass pages are
being displayed or an approach plate is being
displayed. Use with caution as it can wear the
- GPS status compass - enable compass on the
- Chart orientation Unlocked
Chart locked in Portrait
Chart locked in Landscape - locks/unlocks
the screen orientation so it doesn't flip on its
own in a possibly turbulent cockpit.
- Course Up - use selected course line to point up
on chart display. If no course currently selected,
defaults to Track Up mode.
- Finger Rotate - user can rotate the chart manually.
- North Up - north is always up on the chart
- Track Up - use GPS reported heading to point up
on chart display.
- Magnetic or True - select how to display
- Maint Plates List or Map -
select how to display the states on the Maint Plates
- ddd° ... - select how to display a