... an aviation oriented map program from Outer World Apps.
The tab-like buttons at the bottom of the screen select the page to display:
- Chart - main moving-map page
- Waypt1 - search for database-defined waypoint info
(including airport info, runway diagrams, approach plates, etc)
- Waypt2 - same as Waypt1
- UserWP - define and search for user-defined waypoint
- Glass - glass cockpit style display
- Route - manage route of flight
- Crumbs - record/display a breadcrumb trail
- Plan - some flight planning tools
- VirtNav1,2 - virtual nav displays
- Options - option settings
- Maint - chart and data downloading
- Sensors - sensor selection
- Files - data file explorer
NOTE: The buttons scroll horizontally in a detent fashion. You must swipe at
least a fifth of the way across the screen to scroll. This holds the buttons steady in
a bumpy cockpit.
Menu in upper-right corner
- Chart - alternate way to get to chart page
- Exit - closes the app
- Re-center - puts airplane at center of screen, moving chart as needed.
Chart will then move as needed to maintain aircraft at center until display is panned or zoomed.
- Hide Tabs - hides the tab buttons at bottom of screen to save space
- << MORE - pops up a temporary menu with the hidden tab buttons
- Lock Screen - locks the screen in whatever orientation it is in
- Unlock Screen - unlocks the screen allowing user to rotate display
You must download data before using the app. Download by clicking the
- You must download the waypoints from the Misc
button. This waypoint data includes airports, fixes, localizers, navaids and runways
for the entire country.
- Everything else is optional, select what you want. Avoid over-selecting as the download
times and flash usage can be significant.
Copyright (C) Outer World Apps, Beverly, MA USA.
All rights reserved.
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the
GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License.
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
- THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUTER WORLD
APPS OR ANY CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA,
OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE,
EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Always be skeptical regarding any information provided
by WairToNow. Accept it only if and when it is confirmed by your aircraft's
approved navigation systems and any other information you have available.
EXPECT it to FAIL when someone's HeALTh or PROpeRTy is at RISk.
- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
WairToNow has access to an unofficial database and charts obtained from
OpenFlightMaps covering parts of Europe.
Please read their General User's License as linked at the bottom of that page
before using any of the OFM charts and/or waypoint database. Also, please
support their effort by reporting any inaccuracies you find in the OFM charts
and/or waypoint database to email@example.com Must be enabled on the
WairToNow has access to database obtained from ourairports.com
which has unofficial waypoints around the world. There are no charts in this data source.
Please visit their site, click on Site info then About to read licensing information.
And support their effort by reporting any inaccuracies you find the the database
to firstname.lastname@example.org Must be enabled on the
We also use map tiles from OpenStreetMap:
The European plates are obtained from
licensed as follows:
- This website and its content is copyright of EUROCONTROL, the European Organisation
for the Safety of Air Navigation.
- EUROCONTROL authorises the redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the
contents of this website for non commercial purposes, but only if you acknowledge
this website as the source of the material as follows:
- © EUROCONTROL
And many thanks to EUROCONTROL, the FAA, OpenFlightMaps, OpenStreetMap for providing
the charts and other data used by this program!